- Wisconsin Family Business
Forum Structure -
A Board made up of representatives of all partners
provides direction and governance for the Forum. Board members are chosen
by their peers and play an active role in the policy, program and personnel
decisions of the Forum. The Board is led by the Chairperson and is composed
of an equal number of family business and sponsor organizations. Each
family business and sponsor organization represented on the Board has
a vote. The Board meets quarterly.
The Executive Committee of the Board is composed of four officers elected by and from the Board and the Forum Director. The Board strives to have two members and two sponsors on the Executive Committee each year. The Executive Committee handles business between Board meetings and sets the agenda for the Board.
The Program Committee is composed of members, sponsors and Forum staff. This committee is responsible for planning programs and ensuring their quality. This committee meets quarterly.
The Recruitment & Retention Committee (R&R) is responsible for recruitment and retention of family business members and sponsors. Composed primarily of sponsor representatives, members serve as a resource to this committee, providing assistance as needed.
Sponsorship of the Forum is limited to a predetermined number of professional service organizations. Each organization is recruited by the R&R Committee and approved by the Board for its specific area of business expertise and its vision for and experience with family businesses.
Sponsors agree to actively participate in the
Forum and to support the Forum with both financial and technical expertise.
Sponsors may send representatives to Forum events
and have access to the Forum resource center.
- provide professional services to family businesses
- have expertise on family business issues
- interact with family business members to share
expertise and enhance understanding of family businesses
- provide programs and resources specific to
the needs and interests of family businesses
- gain additional family business knowledge to
better serve family businesses
- have a seat and vote on the Board
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, College of
- provides administrative functions for the Forum
- provides a family business resource center
- pursues research on family business issues
to support the center and provide timely, quality programs
- enhances its curriculum to better meet the
needs of family business members and future entrepreneurs
- has a seat and vote on the Board
- provide financial support
- have a mission and vision to support family
businesses and their role in the marketplace.